Lots of different support is available to help you.
- tell someone what happened
- get help to access services in your local area
- get emotional support including from trained counsellors and therapists
- get medical support from specially trained doctors, nurses and support workers
- get help to understand how the criminal justice system works
Whatever type of support you choose, you will be listened to and believed.
The first step to reach out for support will be different for everyone.
You can speak to someone over the phone or chat to someone online by contacting the services listed below – you might want to contact one which feels right for you and your needs.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, opening times and availability of services vary. In some areas, longer-term face-to-face services like counselling might currently be closed to new referrals, or might be operating waiting lists.
Some of these services only operate in England and Wales. You can read about the support available to you if you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland.